For a while, I’ve been working on a list of gadgets and other gear that I’d like to have with me at all times. Qualifications were that it had to be fairly legal and inexpensive, and fit in a small bag that could easily be hidden in a cache. Under optimal conditions, one would have a few of these stashed in several places easily accessible (like Bourne’s train station locker
- Bullet Space Pen with Clip: a small pen that writes no matter where you are, no matter what you are doing.
- Gerber 22-80012 Infinity Ultra Task LED Flashlight: about the size of the pen, and durable as heck.
- Moleskine Sketchbook Pocket: yes, I’m one of those people who loves Moleskines.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer with Free Pouch: a knife.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Secretary Pocket Knife (Silver Alox): another knife, but this one is so thin and sleek, I’d keep it hidden in aÂ concealedÂ pocket.
- Crosman C11 CO2 Powered Semi-Automatic BB Repeater Air Pistol: ok, this one’s optional, but handy if you need a “weapon“.
- Orion 10×42 Waterproof Monocular: Bourne doesn’t use binoculars, he uses a monocular.
- LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone (AT&T) with $15 Airtime Credit: a throwaway phone is always a necessity.
- Black Diamond Neutrino Carabiner: always nice to have, even if it’s just for keys.
- Party Snaps: can you say distraction?
- Assorted Color Smoke Balls: if you can, just say it again for these things.
- A disposable credit card: when you can’t use cash.
- A Â duffel bag: best way to travel
- American Apparel Retro Track Jacket: ok, ok, so it’s not optimal that it has reflective stripes, but if you’re not trying to stay too hidden, this is a pretty great jacket (if you make some, erm, “minor adjustments“)
- American Apparel Premium Fitted T-Shirt: black t-shirt.
- Black track pants: so you can run.
- Champion – Mens 2 Pack Active Fit Boxer Briefs, Grey, Black: secret agents aren’t allowed to wear boxers. (Thanks to Manpacks for the suggestion!)
- Vibram Five Fingers KSO: these are excellent for your body, and have great grip forÂ impromptuÂ stunts.
- Thousand Oaks Drawstring Backpack: a simple, inexpensive drawstring bag to hold everything.
Leave a Reply